Thursday, 18 February 2016

SEO What does it mean?

SEO What does it mean?

SEO copywriting has traditionally been referred to as writing web page copy that includes targeted keyword phrases in certain frequencies and densities. This usually means attaining a higher ranking in search engines and directories via changes to your site code to make it more relevant and therefore more search engine compatible. SEO and Web site creation should really go hand in hand from the start. Having your SEO implemented professionally typically has a very high return on investment because of the amount of targeted traffic it can generate. Their work will involve a site's coding, presentation, and structure, as well as fixing problems that could prevent search engine indexing programs from fully spidering a site. Site owners have started to recognise the value of having their sites highly ranked and visible in search engine results, creating an opportunity for both white hat and black hat SEO practitioners.

Black hat SEO attempts to improve rankings in ways that are disapproved of by the search engines, or involve deception. They are search engine optimization techniques and strategies that fall outside the guidelines of the major search engines with the intent of manipulating the position of one's website to a far more strategic location in the search engines' results index. Black hat SEO is tempting; after all, these tricks actually do work, temporarily. Black hat SEOs know what they are doing is defined as bad, and do it anyway for specific reasons, sometimes not realising that they will eventually be banned.

Site optimization is possible on existing sites but not practical. Optimization should be done during new site construction. Site structure is a vital component to ranking success on Google especially in competitive marketplaces where every advantage is required to reach the top. Sites employing cloaking techniques WILL be penalised, as evident by Google’s complete ban of BMW Germany’s corporate website in Feb 2006 for practicing cloaking. Pages devoted to selling product do not often rank well. Pages that rank well in search engines tend to focus on specific key phrases that usually appear in the HTML element, breadcrumb navigation links, product names and descriptions, and cross-links.

Google says it ranks sites using more than 200 different signals which can change up to 20 times a year. Google currently indexes over 8 billion web pages or more. Google currently accounts for 85.71% of all users but you shouldn't ignore all of the remaining search engines or else you'll be losing the remaining 14.29%. Google considers page rank through link analysis, the more web pages that link to your website the higher the ranking. They also use your back link structure to determine your Page Rank. Google specifies that back links are one of the most important factors in the page rank of a website.

Google has enforced webpage restrictions for years, such as for hidden-text (background & foreground colours exactly the same hue) which they implemented in 2006. They are vigilant about discovering anyone “spamming” their engine, and if they discover your site hiding text, there is a good chance you’ll be penalised and removed from their index. Google will punish a non standard website by blocking search results automatically the next day for 30-35 days or more.

When choosing an SEO company be careful, SEO companies that employ overly aggressive techniques can get their clients websites banned from the search results. SEO can be simple for some websites, but remember others may require intense website code, content, navigation and internal linking changes. So just remember that SEO makes your website more visible on the internet which helps in capturing more visitors and increases your sales and leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message